Pigmentation means coloring of the skin. The appearance of dark patches on the skin can be termed as pigmentation. Skin pigmentation can occur as a result of the body producing either too much or too little melanin. It causes darker or lighter skin tone that may make the skin appear patchy. There can be various causes of skin pigmentation like auto immune conditions to drug reactions, genetic inheritance, sun damage, hormonal changes, etc.
There are some simple home remedies that you can try to reduce pigmentation.
1. Drink at least ten glasses of water in a day. Drink two glasses of water in the morning when you wake up, before brushing your teeth.
2. Having Aloe Vera juice daily is very effective in reducing pigmentation.
3. Application of Aloe Vera in natural form on the affected areas helps in reducing pigmented spots.
4. Vinegar: Dilute vinegar equally with water, and use to cleanse and rinse your face. Allow to air dry to seal in moisture. You can also use the vinegar/water mixture in place of an astringent or toner.
5. Onion Juice: Chop up an onion finely, or blend it, and squeeze the juice through cheesecloth. Mix with equal part apple cider vinegar, apply twice daily with a cotton. Alternatively, you can cut a slice of onion, dip it in vinegar, and apply it to the pigmentation.
6. Lemon Juice: Apply the fresh lemon juice to the pigmentation. Lemon juice is acidic and can safely peel off the top layer of skin, causing spots to fade.
7. Bleaching the affected area once a month will lighten it too. Do not bleach when pregnant.
8. Apply Vitamin E Gel caplets on the affected area daily before going to bed.
9. Grate some raw potato and squeeze out the juice. Apply the juice and rinse after 20 minutes. It acts as a skin lightener.
10. Mix some Orange peel powder and mix with raw milk to form a paste. Apply on skin and rinse after 20 minutes. It will lighten the skin.
11. Apply mashed strawberry on the skin and rinse after 15 minutes. This will lighten the skin complexion.
Trying these home remedies on regular basis will definitely help you reduce pigmentation and also add glow to your skin.